What you'll be working on
We're a small company, so there are always many things going on at once. This means there will be the opportunity to wear multiple hats and there will always be something new and interesting to work on!
You'll be helping us build backend services in Django, Python, and occasionally Go, as well as help us keep our Kubernetes-powered infrastructure running smoothly. You'll also help fix bugs and make improvements to our existing services and troubleshoot customer issues when they come in.
A short summary of our tech stack: We use Django, Python, Go, React, and TypeScript, with some PHP and WordPress thrown in. Our databases are MySQL and Redis, and everything is running on Google Cloud and Google Kubernetes Engine.
Other things you'll enjoy
- Working on an app lots of people rely on and love (and you can make them love it even more!)
- Traveling to a fun place occasionally for in-person team meetings
Skills and requirements
- Full time (40 hours a week)
- Self-motivated and able to work on your own (we're remote, and we trust you to do an awesome job!)
- Previous experience working remotely helps, but isn’t required
- Effective at communicating both in real-time and asynchronously
- Working reading and writing proficiency in English
- Comfortable and proficient using Git, including command-line knowledge of Git
- Experience working with SQL
- Proficient with Python
- Experience with frameworks such as Django, Rails, Express (we use Django)
- Interest in working with Kubernetes when necessary
- Proactive and always looking for ways to make things better
- If you already use and love Flexibits apps, even better!