Remote in Latin America
$140,000 - $180,000
Job Posted: 1 year, 1 month ago
About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved.
Darwin was built to make residents and investors lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour and lease their future home; and for investors to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism.
Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property investors and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 30+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses. Darwin Homes is backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital.
Note: This position is fully remote however the majority of the team is based in Austin,TX.
At Darwin You Will Need
- Heart - You’re looking to build products to improve the lives of others. You do it with transparency, integrity and care because you truly feel the pain of the customer.
- Grit - You’re transforming one of the largest and oldest industries and will charge ahead in the face of the many obstacles and challenges.
- Discipline - You understand that success is simply the product of consistency and effort over time. Step by step you will build the future.
- Independence - You are constantly looking for innovative and independent ways to identify and execute upon opportunities to improve the products, services and functions you cover.
- Bias for Action - You understand that paralysis by analysis is a real issue. You will always prioritize action and getting things done.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer (Backend, Frontend or Fullstack).
- Deep knowledge of software engineering patterns, architecture and best practices.
- Experience w/ React, React-Native or other equivalent modern front-end frameworks.
- Experience w/ Typescript and Python recommended.
- Experience w/ modern backend frameworks (Django).
- Experience in building GraphQL APIs (Apollo, Graphene).
- Experience w/ platform and infrastructure engineering.
- Experience w/ distributed systems and asynchronous programming.
- Understanding of caching patterns and technologies (Redis).
- Expert in databases (SQL, NoSQL) and data modeling.
- Proficiency in writing test-driven code.
- Adept in agile environment.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering degree.